Thursday, November 4, 2010

Catching up--Reunion

Man, I have meant to post so many things that I never got around to. I'm going to do some quick posts just to sort mark a few main events these past few months. They have just been a whirlwind of days and weeks. It's all gone by so fast!

Since my last post was about my spider roomie, I guess I should mention how that went. A few weeks after that post, I found another spider IN MY PANTS! >.< That was enough to end all spider shenanigans in my house. Once again, life is how it has always been and eight legged creatures found on my territory are dealt with with extreme prejudice.

On a different note, in August, I got together with some people from high school for a 10 year reunion type thing. I can't believe it's been 10 years since high school. I still feel like I just got out of there sometimes.

We had it in a campground up in the mountains in hopes it would be a bit cooler. No such luck. It was boiling, but it was still fun to be there. I was actually a bit nervous. I didn't have the best time my last years of high school, I wasn't exactly a ray of sunshine and I'm not really sure what these people even thought of me any more. Also, all of them were now married with nice cars, houses, and even some with kids. I worried I was just going to kind of be an outsider and it would be awkward.

So I was hesitant to go and I got more nervous the closer I drove. But the whole thing was really fun and we all had a good time just talking and eating good food and trying not to boil in the heat. I totally made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that I made myself. They were delicious. I was quite proud of them.

Here's a few pictures from that day:




Here's me and Haley doing stupid poses because David told us to.


Traditional group shot with everyone but Debbie and her husband because they bailed out early.

I actually learned that Haley and Dave live like right down the road from me. Kinda crazy. Every time I heard about them they were in a different part of the world. It kinda blew my mind that they were like 5 minutes away from me. I do hope to see them again. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment